California Vehicle Code section 4000(a)(1) requires any vehicle displaying a resident parking permit to be registered in California. Any vehicle displaying a resident parking permit that is not registered in California is subject to being cited or towed.
To purchase a Shopper Parking Permit for the new permit period, Aug. 1, 2014 through July 31, 2016, please read the general informaiton below then choose to order online, print out a mail-in application, or come in to City Hall.
- Applications will be processed online, by mail, and at City Hall.
- A mail-in or in-person application must be submitted with a copy of a proof of residency.
- Acceptable proof of residency includes one of the following:
• Pre-printed check
• Driver’s Lic./State ID Card
• Utility Bill (gas, electric, water) showing name and service address
• DMV Registration (when applying for three or more permits, all vehicle registrations must be presented.)
• Rental/Lease Agreement
- Residents applying for a third and fourth residential shopper permit must provide a copy of the vehicles’ DMV registration with the application.
- An online application's payment must be either a VISA, MASTERCARD or Discover Card with a billing address that matches a Laguna Beach residential address.
- The cost of the two-year Shopper Parking Permit is $80 each for the first two permits and $150 each for the third and fourth permits. Permits will be prorated once on August 1, 2015.
- Each Laguna Beach residence is limited to four Shopper Parking Permits.
- Please review the permit reference sheet at the link below.
- Accepted forms of payment for mail-in applications are checks, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card. Please do not send cash. Credit card information must be submitted with the parking permit application.
- Accepted forms of payment accepted at City Hall are checks, VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER CARD and cash.
Find out more about the permit: ShopperPermitReferenceSheet.pdf
To purchase a permit online please click here.
Print out a mail-in application: ShopperPermitMailInApplication.pdf
If you have questions or need additional information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the parking permit hot line at (949) 497-0314.
Sincerely, Parking Permit Staff