| Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
| Downtown Specific Plan Update|
The urban planning firm, MIG, has been hired by the City to assist with the preparation of a comprehensive update to the City's Downtown Specific Plan (DSP) and review of the Laguna Canyon Road land use issues. The downtown is the focus of the City's social, cultural, commercial, civic, artistic and recreational activities. The primary objective of the Downtown Specific Plan is to preserve and enhance the unique character of the downtown.
The Downtown Specific Plan was adopted by the City Council in 1989, after several years of work by a Citizen's Advisory Committee to identify significant planning issues and develop a policy base for the plan. Since 1989, the Downtown Specific Plan has been amended nine times, including one comprehensive amendment in 2000, which included the expansion of the Plan boundary to the Boys & Girls Club on Laguna Canyon Road, and the creation of the Civic Art District.
Some of the Plan areas to be evaluated for potential modification include, but are not limited to, expansion of the Civic Art District to the Act V and the Laguna College of Art and Design sites, the types and locations of the various downtown districts and their intent and purpose, allowed uses in each district, the general provisions/development standards, issue statements and policies, design guidelines and implementation measures.
MIG and the Community Development Department Staff are actively seeking input regarding the update of the Downtown Specific Plan from community members, property owners and business owners in the downtown.
For additional information/updates or to be added to the project e-mail list, please contact Wendy Jung, Associate Planner in the Community Development Department at (949) 497-0321 or email@example.com.
- November 15, 2014 - Pop-Up Workshop...more details to come.....
- July 15, 2014 - City Council meeting. The DSP Subcommittee made its recommendation of consultant selection to the City Council.
- April 16, 2014 - Public Forum
- May 29, 2013 - Community Workshop
- May 15, 2013 - Community Workshop
- April 17, 2013 - Community Workshop
- April 3, 2013 - Community Workshop
- January 30, 2013 - Community Workshop
- January 12, 2013 - Planning Commission Downtown Walking Survey/Tour
- November 1, 2012 - Community Workshop
- September 19, 2012 - Community Workshop
- August 15, 2012 - Planning Commission approved a Work Program which outlines the tasks and timelines for preparation and approval of the Downtown Specific Plan amendment.
Downtown Specific Plan (DSP) Current Amended 9-2-08
DSP Plan Area Map
DSP Update Reference Documents