Laguna Beach has a long history of greeting one another. For over one hundred years, Laguna has had official and unofficial greeters welcoming residents with a wave and a smile. Neighbors greet one another at our community gatherings, Hospitality Night, the Patriot's Day Parade, and the Brooks Street Classic Surf Contest.
Here are some ways you can be a greeter and encourage kindness in our City:
1) Take the Greeter Pledge
2) Exemplify the Principles of a Greeter in your everyday life: Be friendly, welcoming, open-minded, respectful, and greet people with a smile.
3) Include people, don't exclude. Practice being a good upstander, and spread compassion wherever you go - remember, kindness is contagious! Take the to stand up against bullying and #BeAGreeter.
4) After you take the Greeter Pledge, visit the Community and Susi Q Center at 380 Third Street to pick up your FREE #BeAGreeter sticker between June 25 - December 31, 2018. Put it on your car, water bottle, laptop or surfboard and spread the word about the #BeAGreeter mission.
5) Add World Kindness Day to your calendar - it occurs on November 13 each year.
8) Learn more about other anti-bullying efforts, including the Ability Awareness Project.