We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2017 "My Laguna" Photo Contest. Please click here to view the photographs.
Grand Prize: Allie Evans, "Jumping for Joy"
Active Laguna, Winner: Patrick McMahon, "Skim Board Wake"
Active Laguna, Honorable Mention: Garrett Smyers, "My Laguna"
Community Life, Winner: Laurie Hefty, "Laguna Artist"
Community Life, Honorable Mention: Walter Hill, "Laguna Open 2016"
Environmental, Winner: Dave Munday, "Fisherman's Cove"
Environmental, 2nd Place: Marshall Aren, "Sunrise Over Heisler Park"
Environmental, Honorable Mention: Sean Cox, "Crowning the New King"
Entries were due by 11:59 p.m. June 7, 2017 in the following categories:
Active Laguna: Photos of biking, surfing, hiking, walking, and exploring the non-beach outdoors.
Community Life: People enjoying our events, arts, culture, and City-sponsored activities.
Environmental: Beach vistas, sunsets, and views of open space.
Click here to view the winning photos from past My Laguna Photo contests.
- Photographs must have been taken within the city limits of Laguna Beach.
- Participants must live, work, or exhibit in the City of Laguna Beach.
- Participants of all ages are welcome to enter.
- Each participant may enter up to three photographs.
- Photographs must not have been previously published. Photographs originally posted to Instagram may be submitted.
- Entries must be suitable for display on a public website.
- We prefer, but do not require, photographs to be high resolution, for instance 300 dpi and/or at least 3 MB.
- You must submit the contest Submission Agreement. To submit, sign, scan, and upload to the online contest portal.
- If the photo was taken in a public place, such
as a beach or on the street, there is no need for a photo release of
identifiable people. However, if the photo was taken in a private location you must provide a Photo Release for each identifiable
person in the photograph. To submit, sign, scan, and upload to the online contest portal.
- All entered photographs may be used, with credit, as content on the City’s website or in other non-commercial ways to promote Laguna Beach. The photographer retains the copyright to his or her work.
- By entering this contest you agree to comply with the above rules.
First prize photos will receive $500. Additional winners will receive $100 each. All winners will receive recognition at a City Council Meeting, be featured on the City’s social media channels, and will be posted in a gallery on the City’s website. The winners will be selected by a local marketing professional.
How to Enter
- Entries must be submitted digitally via SlideRoom. SlideRoom requires each participant to register at no cost.
- Photographs must be submitted as JPGs.
- You must submit the Submission Agreement and necessary photo releases to be considered.
- There is no entry fee.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Chapman at (949) 497-0795.