City Hall Closed
- Reminder that City Hall will be closed on Thursday, November 27 for the Thanksgiving Day holiday, as well as, on Friday, November 28.
Thanksgiving Day Trash Collection Schedule
- Residential and commercial trash collection will be delayed one day for customers normally serviced on Thursday and Friday.
No Holiday Street Sweeping
- There will be no street sweeping on Thursday, November 27, and parking restrictions for street sweeping will not be enforced on that day.
World AIDS Day
- On Sunday, November 30 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., members of the City HIV Advisory Committee, AIDS Services Foundation, Laguna Beach Shanti, and the Laguna Beach Community Clinic will be hosting World AIDS Day educational seminars and interactive workshops at the Main Beach cobblestone area. Everyone in the community is invited to attend this free event. The following day there will be a candlelight vigil at the same location on Monday, December 1 at 5 p.m. This vigil supports international World AIDS Day and gives everyone an opportunity to celebrate the lives of those lost to this disease.
Historic Resource Inventory Update
- The City’s Heritage Committee and historic consultant are in the process of conducting three public meetings regarding the City’s historic preservation program. The third meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 8, 2014, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers at 505 Forest Avenue, Laguna Beach, CA 92651. At this meeting, the historic consultant will present a recent field survey of the homes identified on the 1982 Historic Resources Inventory. The updated survey results and proposed property ratings will be discussed. Information about the upcoming meeting and past meetings can be found at the following City website link: http://lagunabeachcity.net/cityhall/cd/zoning/heritage_committee/default.asp
. For additional information or questions, please contact Martina Speare, Senior Planner/Heritage Committee Staff Liaison at (949) 464-6629 or email email@example.com
Wednesday, December 10 - Mobility Community Workshop
– The Planning Commission and the Parking, Traffic and Circulation Committee are hosting a workshop on Wednesday, December 10 to obtain community input on the Draft Enhanced Mobility and Complete Streets Transition Plan. Please join City staff and the project team for the first review of the Draft Plan. The Draft Plan is the culmination of more than a year of Laguna Beach multi-modal and complete streets enhancement recommendations by the public and the consultant (including several surveys, walking/biking tours and many public meetings). After review of the Draft Plan is completed, the Plan will be forwarded to the City Council for Final Plan review. The Draft Plan will be posted for download from the City’s website (www.lagunabeachcity.net/cityhall/cd/planning/enhanced_mobility_and_complete_streets.asp
) at least one-week before the December 10 joint meeting.
Winter Quarter 2015 Registration Activities
– Registration for winter quarter recreation activities begins Monday, December 1. The brochure has been mailed citywide and is now available at the Community & Susi Q Center, Community Pool and Community Services Department, as well as online. A wide variety of programs and classes are offered for all ages. Register for activities online at www.lagunabeachcity.net
(click on Recreation Activities), or by mail-in or drop-off to the Community Services Department at 515 Forest Avenue.