Laguna Beach, CA – On March 19, Governor Gavin Newsom issued direction that all California residents stay at home unless participating in essential functions. According to the state, construction workers who support the construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of construction sites and construction projects (including housing construction) are considered part of “California’s Essential Workforce.” While construction is allowed to continue at this time, we ask that builders be considerate of neighbors during this time while they are required to stay at home.
Though Laguna Beach City Hall is closed to the public, the Laguna Beach Community Development Department is offering limited services online and over the phone to support planning, zoning, and building activities in the City of Laguna Beach.
Notable Changes to Service:
- The Community Development Department will continue accepting plans and issuing permits. We are prioritizing applications for essential home repairs and health and safety issues.
- The Community Development Department is conducting inspections. The inspectors are not entering occupied homes and are utilizing all mobile technology such as FaceTime, Skype, and photos to conduct and complete these types of inspections remotely.
- Due to the stay at home order and associated impacts to service levels, extensions of building permits will be considered for approval by the Director of Community Development.
- All Planning Commission, Design Review Board and Committee meetings are canceled through April.
- The March 31 City Council meeting is still scheduled to be held but public access shall be limited to electronic and telephonic participation. There will be no public appeals heard until after the end of April.
Scheduling of Building Inspections: To schedule a Building Inspection please email: email@example.com or call the City Request Line at (949) 497-0707 or IVR Request number at 1 (866) 462-2073.
Drop Off Cabinets for Plans and Permit Applications: We have placed several secure drop-off cabinets at City Hall in front of the Community Development Department where plans and permit applications can be dropped off and picked up.
Send Plans and Permit Application via US Mail or Email: We are accepting applications and associated plans via US mail and email (for minor projects).
Email applications and plans to the following:
- Permits and Commercial Design Review Applications:
Mail applications and plans to:
City of Laguna Beach Community Development Department
505 Forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Payments for Permits: You may mail a check for payment to the City or you can drop it off in the slot on the left side of the main doors at City Hall. Be sure to include your name and the address of the project as identification. Payment can also be made over the phone by credit card or by check. For phone payments or general questions about Planning Department Operations, please call: (949) 497-0712
Real Property Reports: The application for a Real Property Report (RPR) can be found on the City’s website by clicking here.
Mail the Real Property Report application to:
Nancy Csira, Architect/Zoning Administrator
City of Laguna Beach
505 forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Or Drop off the application and check written out to the City of Laguna Beach in the mail slot adjacent to the City Hall front doors. RPR applications are generally prepared within 7 to 10 working days.
Business Licensing: Planners are continuing to review business license applications as well as conditional and temporary use permits. Get or renew your business license here.
You can contact us by phone, and by email. Click here for a directory of all City employees. For questions about City services, please call (949) 497-3311 during regular business hours.