Edmund G. Brown, Governor
State of California-Natural Resources Agency
California Coastal Commission
South Coast District Office
200 Oceangate, 10th Floor
Long Beach, Ca 90802-4416
(562) 590-5071 FAX (562) 590-5084
IMPORTANT PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAM
December 4, 2017
LCP AMENDMENT NO. LCP-5-LGB-16-0055-1
Short Term Lodging - City of Laguna Beach LCP Amendment No. 15-2254
Public hearing and action on request by the City of Laguna Beach to amend the Implementation Plan (IP) portion of the certified Local Coastal Program (LCP) to restrict short-term lodging uses to commercial zones by making changes Chapters 25.23 Short-Term Lodging, 25.10 R-1 Residential Low Density Zone, 25.12 R-2 Residential Medium Density Zone, 25.14 R-3 Residential High Density Zone, and 25.43 Village Community Zone. Commission staff is recommending denial of the proposed CP Amendment as submitted, and subsequent approval if modified as suggested to continue to allow regulated short-term lodgings in residential zones where the use is currently permitted.
HEARING DATE AND LOCATION:
TIME: 9:00 AM
ITEM NO: Th19b
PLACE: Ocean Institute
24200 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA 92629
PHONE: (415) 407-3211
This item has been scheduled for a public hearing and vote. People wishing to testify on this matter may appear at the hearing or may present their concerns by letter to the Commission on or before the hearing date.
AVAILABILITY OF STAFF REPORT:
A copy of the staff report on this matter will be available no later than 10 days before the hearing on the Coastal Commission’s website at www.coastal.ca.gov/mtgcurr.html Alternatively, you may request a paper copy of the report from Marlene Alvarado, Coastal Planner at the South Coast District Office.
SUBMISSION OF WRITTEN MATERIALS:
If you wish to submit written materials for review by the Commission, please observe the following:
- Submit your written materials to the Commission staff no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the hearing (staff will then distribute your materials to the Commission). Note that materials received after this time will not be distributed to the Commission.
- Mark the agenda number of your item, the application number, your name and your position in favor or opposition to the project on the upper right hand corner of the first page of your submission. If you do not know the agenda number, contact the Commission staff person listed on page 2.
- A current list of Commissioners' names and addresses is available on the Coastal Commission’s website at http://www.coastal.ca.gov/roster.html. If you wish to submit materials directly to Commissioners, we request that you mail the materials so that the Commissioners receive the materials no later than Thursday of the week before the Commission meeting. You must provide Commission staff with a copy of any materials that you provide to Commissioners. Please mail the same materials to all Commissioners, alternates for Commissioners, and the three non-voting members on the Commission with a copy to the Commission staff person listed on page 2.
- You are requested to summarize the reasons for your position in no more than two or three pages, if possible.
Please note: While you are not prohibited from doing so, you are discouraged from submitting written materials to the Commission on the day of the hearing, unless they are visual aids, as it is more difficult for the Commission to carefully consider late materials. The Commission requests that if you submit written copies of comments to the Commission on the day of the hearing, that you provide 20 copies.
ALLOTTED TIME FOR TESTIMONY:
Oral testimony may be limited to 5 minutes or less for each speaker depending on the number of persons wishing to be heard.
Questions regarding the report or hearing should be directed to Marlene Alvarado, Coastal Planner at the South Coast District Office.