2018 Laguna Beach Photo Contest
The City’s 2018 Photo Contest is now open. We’re looking for your perspective on our City’s vibrancy, vitality, and livability fitting the theme “Daily Life in Laguna Beach.” Photographs may be entered in three categories: Sunsets, Daily Life, and Environmental. The First Prize photo will receive $500, and additional winners will receive $100 each. Entries must be submitted online by June 6, 2018. For rules and information about how to enter, visit our website: www.lagunabeachcity.net/photocontest
Photographs may be entered in the following categories:
Sunsets: Photos of any subject that include a sunset.
Daily Life: Photos of people of all ages involved in Laguna's daily life, such as work, play, sports, cultural arts, and events in town including the beach, downtown, trolleys, parks, and open space. May not include a sunset.
Environmental: Photos of our downtown, neighborhoods, parks, ocean, buildings, cityscapes, hardscapes, open space, and infrastructure. May not include a sunset.
- Photographs must have been taken within the city limits of Laguna Beach.
- Each participant may enter up to three photographs.
- Photographs must not have been previously published. Photographs originally posted to Instagram may be submitted.
- Entries must be suitable for display on a public website.
- Photographs should be high resolution, for instance 300 dpi and/or at least 3 MB.
- You must submit the contest Submission Agreement provided through the online contest portal.
- If the photo was taken in a public place, such as a beach or on the street, there is no need for a photo release of identifiable people. However, if the photo was taken in a private location, such as a yard or home, you must provide a photo release for each identifiable person in the photograph. Photo Release form is provided through the online contest portal.
- All entered photographs may be used as content, with a photo credit, on the City’s website or in other non-commercial ways to promote Laguna Beach. The photographer retains the copyright to his or her work.
- By entering this contest you agree to comply with the above rules.
The first prize photos will receive $500. Additional winners will receive $100 each. All winners will receive recognition at a City Council Meeting, be featured on the City’s social media channels, and will be posted in a gallery on the City’s website. The winners will be selected by a local professional photographer.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entries must be submitted digitally via SlideRoom. https://lagunabeachcity.slideroom.com SlideRoom requires each participant to register at no cost.
- Photographs must be submitted as JPGs.
- You must submit the Submission Agreement and necessary photo releases to be considered.
- There is no entry fee.