|Press Release||City of Laguna Beach|
John Pietig, City Manager
505 Forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Phone: (949) 497-0704
Fax: (949) 497-0771
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
|PRESS RELEASE 08122020|
|Subject :||Laguna Beach Promenade on Forest Extended Through January 2021 |
|Contact :||John Pietig (949) 497-0704|
Laguna Beach, CA – Tuesday, the Laguna Beach City Council voted to extend The Promenade on Forest through January 31, 2021. The Promenade on Forest: Shopping, Dining, Art, and You! is an outdoor dining, display and art performance area that creates a safe and exciting pedestrian-only experience on Forest Avenue from Coast Highway to Glenneyre Street in Downtown Laguna Beach. The Promenade design supports local businesses by expanding outdoor dining areas and merchandise display areas on Lower Forest Avenue.
Key Features of The Promenade on Forest:
- Operating hours from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily through January 2021;
- Dining decks, retail display decks, and a performance art deck for virtual and live performances and temporary art installations;
- Layout to promote safe physical distancing between parties, hand sanitizing stations and maintenance staff to regularly disinfect the furniture;
- Face coverings are required at The Promenade. Free face coverings will be handed out to those who need them periodically;
- String lighting to illuminate The Promenade and provide evening ambiance and security; umbrellas, potted trees and plants to provide daytime shade and ambiance.
For more information, contact The Promenade on Forest Project Manager Jeremy Frimond at (949) 464-6673 or email@example.com.